No matter how careful you are with your devices, accidents are bound to happen. Good thing newly-purchased Apple devices at any Power Mac Center or The Loop stores now have an option for additional insurance protection for damages not covered in the standard warranty. This includes water damage from cracked screen, as well as medical expense, and death benefits arising from theft or robbery.
Power Mac Center, in partnership with Insurance Company of North America, a Chubb Company ("Chubb"), designed Protect Plus to shield you from potential losses as you are constantly exposed to such risks.
AppleCare Protection for Mac
Service and Support available for your Mac
Enjoy three more years of peace of mind when you buy the AppleCare Protection Plan for your Mac.
Theft & Accidental Health Benefit
Safeguard your device from theft, ensuring hassle-free repair or replacement for a quick recovery. In case of loss of life due to theft, the customer's family or beneficiaries receive P100,000 compensation.
Accidental Damage Benefit
For damage that prevents your device's correct operation or renders it unusable, such as, but not limited to water damage and cracked screen.
Accidental Medical Expense Benefit
Arising from theft or robbery of up to P5,000 per incident, reimbursed for in or out-patient medical treatment.
How to Enroll
- Customers must purchase an Apple device at Power Mac Center to be able to enroll for Protect Plus protection insurance cover.
- Premium is dependent on the device type. This adds benefits in cases of accidents causing damage to the device or its owner.
- Customers who weren’t able to enroll their new Apple device to Protect Plus insurance cover at point- of-sale, may still enroll within fourteen calendar days. Here's how:
- Bring your recently purchased Apple device to any Power Mac Center store or The Loop store.
- Have your device validated by presenting its sales invoice containing the serial number and purchase date.
- A Mac Expert will validate and check the condition of your device based on these qualifications:
- Device’s purchase date
- Device must turn on
- External case must be complete
- Screen must be in good condition (no dead pixels, scratches, or cracks)
- Front and back cameras must be working and without damage
- Customer must fill out the Protect Plus Application Form.
How to Claim
- Simply visit the Chubb Claims Service Portal, call the Protect Plus Hotline at (632) 7756 5411, Toll-free Number 1-800-8-7565411, or email ProtectPlus.PH@Chubb.com within seven (7) calendar days from the date of discovery of damage to file a claim.
- For accidental damage claims, Chubb will cover the Diagnostic Fee and Repair Costs. Meanwhile, when your claim for Accidental Damage is approved, you need to pay the participation fee which is 20% of the device’s original purchase price.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I avail of the Protect Plus insurance on the Power Mac Center Web Store?
Protect Plus is already available on the Apple devices’ product display pages as an add-on (refer to the image below for reference). If you wish to add Protect Plus to your preferred Apple device, you just have to tick the box corresponding to Protect Plus and it will be automatically added to your cart.
However, please note that you can only avail of the 2-year coverage in the Web Store. If you wish to avail the 1-year coverage, you can get it separately from any Power Mac Center and The Loop by Power Mac Center branches within 14 calendar days from purchasing a device from the Web Store. Please make sure to bring the Apple device together with your proof of purchase upon availing.
I have mistakenly provided a wrong birthdate in the check out page, what can I do?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help facilitate this update.
Note: Chubb Protect Plus insurance is only applicable for customers ages 18 to 75 years old.
When can I expect my Confirmation of Cover?
The Confirmation of Cover (COC) is the detailed documentation regarding your availed insurance coverage. Upon successful check out, please expect to receive your Confirmation of Cover within 7-10 business days via email.
Okay. But can I file a claim while my COC is still pending? How? What else can I present as proof of coverage?
Yes, the COC is not a requirement to file a claim. You may refer to #10 for the process of filing a claim.
It’s been more than 10 days and I haven’t received my Confirmation of Cover yet! What can I do?
I received a faulty device. What will happen to my Protect Plus coverage?
If you received a faulty/damaged item, please send an email to email@example.com and our customer service personnel will reach out to you accordingly. Please note, however, that you must report this issue within 24 hours of receiving the product.
Can I add Protect Plus in my order and send it as a gift for someone?
Yes! You can add Protect Plus together with an Apple device in your order as a gift for someone else. Just indicate the recipient’s details in the Delivery Information on the checkout page. Please note that the delivery information will be what’s reflected in the Order Invoice and Protect Plus COC.
Can I extend my coverage after the 2-year period has lapsed?
Unfortunately, you cannot extend your insurance coverage after the 2-year maximum coverage period.
Can I have my unit (ordered with Protect Plus) replaced with a different color or specification?
If you’re having issues with your product and you wish to return it, please refer to the Web Store warranty process here. However, if there are no defects encountered, we will not be able to process your request.
How can I file a claim?
You can file a claim via any of the following methods:
- Visit the Chubb Claims Service Portal,
- Call the Protect Plus Hotline at (632) 7756 5411, Toll-free Number 1800-8-7565411, or
- Send an email to ProtectPlus.PH@Chubb.com
Please note that you need to file a claim within 7 calendar days of discovery of damage.
How is Protect Plus different from Apple’s 1-year Warranty, AppleCare, and AppleCare+?
Protect Plus covers your device from accidental damage which is not part of Apple’s warranty. Accidental damage includes—but is not limited to—water damage and cracked screen.
Why should I get Protect Plus?
Apart from having insurance for accidental damage, you also get additional benefits for accidental death and accidental medical expense due to theft/robbery for one year.
Does my insurance coverage include accessories and packaging/box?
No. Protect Plus coverage is for the actual equipment only. This excludes all other components, attachments, accessories, software downloads, and packaging/box.
I accidentally dropped my device into the toilet. Is this covered by Protect Plus?
Yes, water damage is covered by Protect Plus.
I accidentally dropped my device and the screen cracked. Is this covered by Protect Plus?
Yes, the cracked screen is covered by Protect Plus.
Where do I pay the Participation Fee?
At your chosen Power Mac Center Authorized Service Provider, where you will have your equipment repaired.
Who pays for the Diagnostic Fee?
If the Protect Plus claim is approved, Chubb will pay for the Diagnostic Fee. But if your claim gets declined, you will have to shoulder the Diagnostic Fee.
Keep safety in mind for your device and for yourself.
More information about Protect Plus and other products and services may be obtained from Power Mac Center stores and The Loop stores nationwide or on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.